This family-friendly fundraiser begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, May 19 at the Roseville library and proceeds around Roseville’s scenic Central Park. Runners, walkers, strollers, volunteers, children, and library lovers are all invited to participate. This event is a fundraiser presented in partnership with Ramsey County Library and sponsored by the Friends of the Ramsey County Libraries.
The Book It 5K raises funds for the Summer Reading Program for children and teens. The Summer Reading Program keeps children engaged in learning between school years. Last summer, 5,256 children and teens participated in the program at the Ramsey County Libraries in Maplewood, Mounds View, New Brighton, North St. Paul, Roseville, and Shoreview. Being out of school for three months often halts academic progress. This program is one way that children can avoid this pitfall and, in some cases, actually increase their reading ability.
Some fun additions to this year’s 5K day:
• Library Lap (NEW!): A free and noncompetitive kids’ fun run led by a librarian in a T Rex costume will be held in the library’s north parking lot after the race at 10:00 am. This activity is open to children ages three to 12. All children who participate will receive a free book. Costumes optional. Pre-registration is not required for the Library Lap.
• PopUp Library: Ramsey County Library piloted a new service in 2017—the Popup Library. The pilot project, funded by the Friends, travelled to community sites throughout suburban Ramsey County to offer library card registration, a small collection available for browsing and checkout, free Wi-Fi, and more. The Popup Library will be set up in the Roseville parking lot and we will be making buttons.
• Yoga Warm-up: Bliss Yoga Studio will be leading a free yoga warm-up in front of the main entrance to the library.
The Book It 5K main event:
WHO: Everyone! All ages welcome. Stroller friendly! (No pets or inline skates please.)
WHERE: Begins at the Ramsey County Library in Roseville 2180 Hamline Ave North and proceeds around Roseville's scenic Central Park.
WHEN: Saturday, May 19. Race begins at 9:00 am. In-person registration begins at 7:30 am
REGISTRATION: Pre-event registration has now closed but race-day registration opens at 7:30 am on race day and we would love to see you then!
- By May 3rd: $27 per adult or $75 per family
- May 4th through 13th & on race day: $32 per adult or $85 per family
- Age 12 and under: $15 any time
AWARDS: Prizes for top finishers in each category. Snacks and beverages available at the finish. Free t-shirt! (Shirts guaranteed to early-bird registrants only. Participants registering after May 3rd and on race day receive shirts while quantities last.)
PARKING: In south library lot; overflow parking at Roseville Professional Building, 2233 North Hamline Avenue
DONATE: If you are unable to attend the Book It 5K but still want to support the Summer Reading Program, or wish to make an additional donation, please click the button below. The Friends is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent provided by IRS regulations. Your compassionate support truly makes a difference!
FUNDRAISING THROUGH INDIVIDUAL SPONSORSHIP: As a race participant, you can help even more by encouraging your friends, family, and coworkers to sponsor your participation as a walker, runner, or stroller. In addition, you may qualify for an incentive based on the level of monies raised.
• Participants who raise $100* receive a Friends tote bag
• Participants who raise $300* or more receive a brick paver, engraved as they wish, placed in the Children’s Garden at the Roseville library
*above the required race entry fee
Pledges may be submitted via printable paper form or online. Create your own crowdfunding sponsorship page and invite your family and friends to donate online!
CORPORATE EVENT SPONSORSHIP: Become an event sponsor! Sponsorships can be submitted by contacting Cyndi Cook, Executive Director 651-486-2213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER: We also need lots of volunteers of all ages for this event. If you can help, please contact us at RCL.FriendsBookIt5K@gmail.com.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 651-486-2213.